Saturday, June 21, 2008

It's a small world

Only a couple of weeks ago I was thinking that there is so much going on over here in the UAE, and so many people from so many countries working or visiting, that I wouldn't be surprised if, eventually, I bumped into someone I knew. The other week I spent 2 days at an exhibition in Dubai, and while walking around on the first day, overheard people speaking in Greek and as I looked up, I saw the cousin of one of my longest friends who I'd met a few times in Cyprus recently! As an architect, he was visiting the same show.

As if that wasn't coincidence enough, the next day, while driving up along Sheikh Zayed Road in Dubai to the show again, I was driving behind a car with an Aston Villa scarf displayed and laid out across the back shelf! As the Holte End song goes, "Villa here, Villa there, Villa Villa everywhere!"

No comments: