Friday, September 5, 2008

A Fish Shop ...... Abu Dhabi style

I went in detail in an earlier post about getting fresh fish, cleaned, gutted and cooked from the fish market. It really is one of the things I enjoy the most over here, simple food, as fresh as you can get it and a really fun, enjoyable experience.

I went again the other night, this time armed with my Nikon ready to capture as much of the process as possible. The food was delicious, but the fun bit was again being one of the only non-locals there and I soon became popular with the market traders once the camera was out.

Here's a few shots of the whole thing:




One of the fish monger stalls in the market




Some of the different varieties of fish you can choose


The catch of the day and that night's dinner


The man in red gets it ready for cooking!

Make sure there's no bones left in!

Bite size pieces please!


Not quite Harry Ramsdens, probably better!


Salt and Vinegar and a bit of Tartare Sauce sir? No thanks, just spicy, spicy!

For some strange reason, people I know don't want to eat here but i think it's the best. Arranged to take a friend here again recently and told them we would go to the "Fish Market for" dinner. They jumped at it however soon changed their mind when we realised we got our wires crossed. I meant the Fish Market as above, they thought I meant the restaurant by the same name in the InterContinental Hotel!

No comments: